FRIED ICE CREAM RECIPE
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey and whipped topping, optional
- Place nine (or the amount you have) scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet; freeze overnight. Wrap each scoop separately in plastic wrap; transfer to a freezer bag. For 24 hours ( can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 months for further use).
- In a deep frying pan, electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375° (until well hot). Unwrap ice cream; fry one scoop at a time for 8-10 seconds. Place in chilled bowls; (you can put the bowl in the refrigerator while frying so it can be chilled). serve immediately. Top with honey and whipped topping if desired.